Wednesday 16 September 2009

So you think you know what I'm thinking

That is my blog URL. In this post, I will tell you why I chose this URL (apart from the fact that most of the ones I tried were already taken).

I get very annoyed when people are arrogant enough to assume that they are perfectly aware of all the contents of my brain. A prime example of this is the headmistress at my school, who once accused me of being a narcissist. I almost walked right out of that office. How dare she make such an offensive and erroneous statement? This remark needs some context, of course...the discussion we were having was about my "school phobia" due to the fact that most of the student population at my school seem to have nothing better to do than pick on me all the live-long day. Excuse me, but I don't think it's acceptable that ANYONE should be afraid to walk down the corridor for fear of being tripped up, pushed, insulted, or otherwise abused by a mob of evil, mean-spirited, co-dependant, insecure little tossers. I fail to see how this means I have a "superiority complex". Contrary to the impression many people seem to have of me, I care very much about others. Every day, I see people treat each other in the most appalling ways, ways in which I would never treat a fellow human being...yet somehow I'M the one who gets labelled as an uncaring, unfeeling, self-centred narcissist?! This is where the title of this post comes in. The complete sentence is: "So you think you know what I'm thinking...well, you're most likely very wrong."

I realise this post may seem rather bitter and negative. But it had to be said. I will try to make my next post more positive and uplifting, though I can't promise anything (I don't make promises unless I'm at least 95% certain I can keep them).

No comments:

Post a Comment